Kalimac Crafts (and assorted other bits and bobs)

Monday, October 10, 2005

October, the trees are stripped bare, of all they wear...

That song always makes me think of a certain ex-boyfriend, and Halloween, and Ray Bradbury stories, especially The Halloween Tree.

The season's really beginning to turn; there's a cool bite to the air, and even in South Philly I swear everything smells different. It's awfully nice to be able to keep the a/c off, and even close windows now and again - I'm hoping that being on the third floor will keep me from having to turn the heat on until as late as possible.

Having rather outgrown the heat of summer....this is my favorite time of the year. Cozy, a relief after the gross humidity of Philadelphia summers, and with a long, dark winter ahead. It's the last shout of summer, before winter comes in.

No news about jobs; I sent off three letters this morning and hope to write at least one more later today. Still trying to get up earlier; it takes a good hour for me to fully wake up, and I dislike being still muzzy at 11 am. Should send off e-mails to profs this week as well, since the semester, both in Britain and at home is now well under way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home